DSM Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 123 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:28 am
Latest topics
» IPhoto.11.The.Missing.Manual.2011.RETAiL.eBOOk RebOOk
How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:29 pm by cibedoree

» EC Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator CHFI V4
How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 12:30 pm by cibedoree

How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:18 am by cibedoree

How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:58 am by cibedoree

» [COMPLETE]RF.Seal.2.2.3.2.zip
How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:29 am by cibedoree

» [COMPLETE]RF.Seal.2.2.3.2.zip
How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:29 am by cibedoree

» www.overnightdecalsfromjapan.com is live!
How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:15 am by rob@odfj

» 96 Gst-X build
How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 8:52 am by Onefast2gdsm

» ODFJ - Help us hit 3k!
How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:54 pm by rob@odfj

How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto

Go down

How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto Empty How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto

Post by Onefast2gdsm Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 pm

One cool thing about having an automatic is you can shift faster than a manual, and not loose boost in doing so. Only problem is, you cant really control the shifts. That is, unless you have a shift box. Instead of paying 100+ for one (dont get me wrong, theyre great products), you can make one yourself for 8 bucks!

Supplies:
(2) 2 prong toggle switches
4 wire taps
4 female spade connectors
pliers
electrical tape
4 wires, 3 feet in length or more depending on where you put toggles.

Step 1: Remove your driver side kick panel from the center console.

Step 2: Locate your tcu, and unplug the long connector. Find out what pins are the solenoids, and which are the power sources. Locate the wires you need. On mine, i used pins 2,15,12, and 25, These pins should be the same on all 2 connector tcu's from 93-99. The tcu's with three connectors will be different, refer to pinout chart. The connector will stay unplugged!!

*THESE COLORS ARE FOR A 2G, 1G COLORS WILL VARY*
Pin 2 should be orange. This is shift solenoid "A"
Pin 15 should be gray. This is shift solenoid "B"
Pin 12&25 should be blue with a red stripe. These are your power sources.

Step 3. One at a time, connect your wire splices to each of the 4 wires on the tcu connector.

Step 4. When you find out where to mount your toggles, connect the wires to them as follows. One toggle should have a power wire and a solenoid wire. Remember which wire is solenoid a or b, because if you mess them up you can damage your trans. Mount them in a way you can distinguish which one is solenoid a and b.

Step 5: Shift sequences.
1g:
1st: Solenoid A&B ON
2nd: Solenoid A OFF B ON
3rd: Solenoid A&B OFF
4th/Overdrive: Solenoid A ON B OFF

2g:
1st: Solenoid A&B ON
2nd: Solenoid A ON B OFF
3rd: Solenoid A&B OFF
4th/overdrive: Solenoid A OFF B ON

I am not responsible for damage to your engine or trans due to mis shifting. Take it for an easy cruise to get used to shifting. The shifts will be harsh, even going into reverse because the trans is now shifting at full line pressure, and no this doesnt hurt it. NEVER down shift to 1st while the car is moving.

3 plug tcu:
How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto 1gTCUPinout3Plug

2 plug tcu:
How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto 1gTCUPinout2Plug

Pics of my setup

How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto Null-7How to: Make your own shift box 1g/2g Auto Null-6

Special thanks to Bud92gsx for helping me with the wiring!
Onefast2gdsm
Onefast2gdsm
Admin

Male Posts : 112

https://dsmtech.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum